Users of assistive technologies such as screen readers should use the following link to activate Accessibility Mode before continuing: Learn more and Activate accessibility mode.
Added: Oct 20, 2011 3:55 pmThis is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6 as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Medium Range Recovery (MRR) Contracting Branch intends to issue a Firm Fixed Price Purchase Order using the procedures of FAR Part 12 and Part 13. This Request for Quote HSCG38-12-Q-S00008 incorporates provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-53. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; firm-fixed-price quotes for the repair of the following item(s) are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The North American Industry Classification System Code is 336413 and the size standard is 1,000 employees. In accordance with FAR 6.302-1(a)(2), the U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) plans to award one (1) purchase order and negotiate only with GE Aviation (Cage Code 19623) as the only known source of supply. All responsible sources may submit offers which shall be considered by the agency.
Schedule of Supplies/Services
1. Electric Control Panel Quantity 6 Each
STATEMENT OF WORK (SOW)
1. This SOW provides for the repairing to like new condition of the following components for the Coast Guard's Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), MH-60 J/T fleet:
ELECTRIC CONTROL PANEL - NSN: 1680-01-437-8907 - P/N 710820-4
The components listed above will be furnished to the contractor for repair at the prices established at award. The information contained in the scope of work is not intended to be all-inclusive nor to detract from procedures outlined in the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) specification except where noted herein. All repair actions shall be in accordance with the OEM commercial overhaul manuals and Federal Aviation Regulation Parts 43 and 145 or alternate standard approved in writing by U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Medium Response Recovery (MRR) Contracting Officer. Components furnished hereunder shall be returned by the contractor in an airworthy condition and in all respects suitable for installation on the MH-60 J/T aircraft. Certification and documentation requirements apply.
2. These are NOT flight critical items. However, serial number tracking shall be used for validating the correct unit was received at the vendor's repair/overhaul facility and returned to ALC. Upon receipt of the items to be repaired/overhauled, the contractor shall notify the Contracting Officer, MRR Supply Cell, in writing of the date of receipt, and shall confirm the serial number(s) of the item(s) received and the applicable task order number. Notification by facsimile or email is acceptable: submit to (252) 335-6790, ATTN: Contracting Officer MRR Supply Cell. The email address will be provided by the Contracting Officer.
3. The contractor shall provide all necessary parts, material, labor, tooling, repair manuals, test equipment and facilities to evaluate and repair the components listed in paragraph 1 for the Coast Guard fleet of MH-60 J/T helicopters, as necessary to conform with the requirements of this SOW at the firm-fixed-pricing established in the contract schedule. The contractor shall provide the data and documentation requirements specified as part of this SOW.
4. The work shall be in accordance with the OEM specifications; latest change revision shall apply and shall be used when performing the repair requirements within this contract except where noted herein. The contractor must have access to all needed maintenance, repair and overhaul manuals and performance/test/acceptance criteria and data to ensure that equipment is repaired, calibrated and operating in accordance with the OEM's current specifications.
5. The contractor shall also perform a visual and technical inspection in accordance with the current applicable Component Maintenance Manual and correct all additional deficiencies found. This shall include replacement of broken parts and the removal of any foreign matter or corrosion. Corroded parts shall be replaced, except in those cases where removal of corrosion from a part will not impair the efficiency or safe operation of the part. Corrosion removal and treatment of affected areas will be accomplished in accordance with the OEM's specifications (or best commercial practices if not addressed by the OEM).
6. Coast Guard aircraft operate primarily in a saltwater environment and are subject to corrosion. Corrosion is expected on equipment to be repaired under this contract. During inspection and functional test, the presence of corrosion in any component or subcomponent thereof shall constitute reason for a more thorough disassembly and inspection. Should corrosion be found, disassembly shall be made only to the extent necessary to remove corrosion or replace the part(s) affected. Corroded parts shall be replaced except in those cases where removal of corrosion from a part will not impair efficiency or safe operation of the part. Corrosion removal and treatment of affected areas shall be accomplished in accordance with the OEM's current specifications and drawings.
7. Replacement Parts. Parts found to be defective shall be replaced as specified in the OEM's current procedures or as otherwise authorized in writing by U.S. Coast Guard, Aviation Logistics Center, MRR Contracting Officer. In all cases, replacement parts shall be new. A copy of the contractor's work order, listing all replacement parts, shall be provided for each component. The contractor shall maintain a copy of replacement part certification documentation for inspection by the Government for a minimum of 24 months after delivery.
8. A DD Form 1577-2, Unserviceable Tag-Material, or a CG-1577-A (11-90), Unsatisfactory Report Tag, will be attached to each Not Ready for Issue (NRFI) component describing faults. The components shall be repaired to correct the specific fault(s) identified.
9. The Coast Guard desires early deliveries therefore early shipments are encouraged as long as no additional costs are incurred by the Coast Guard. All requests for time extensions shall be in writing and shall include substantiation of the need for such time extension(s) in accordance with FAR 52.212-4 (f) excusable delays. If nonperformance is not covered by an excusable delay the contractor and the Contracting Officer shall negotiate the consideration for the approval of the extended delivery date at which time a modification to the task order will be issued to reflect the consideration and the extension.
10. At the time of each delivery for supplies under this contract, the contractor shall prepare and furnish to the Coast Guard a properly completed DD Form 250 Material Inspection and Receiving Report or Commercial Bill of Lading.
The packaging slip shall include the following information: (1) National Stock Number, (2) Part Number, (3) Nomenclature, (4) Serial Number, (5) Contract Number, (6) Task/Delivery Order Number, (7) Line Item Number, and (8) Quantity. One copy of the packaging slip shall be submitted with the shipment and shall be attached to the outside of the shipping carton;
11. Delivery shall be to Commanding Officer, Aviation Logistics Center, Elizabeth City, NC 27909. Inspection and Acceptance shall be performed at destination by ALC's Receiving Section. Inspection and Acceptance shall be in accordance with 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (June 2010). In addition, Inspection and Acceptance may be performed at destination by ALC's Quality Assurance representative in accordance with ALCINST 4855.4, Policy and Quality Assurance Procedures for the Receipt Inspection of New, Repaired and Overhauled Items from Vendors dated Aug 15, 2008. The F.O.B Point for shipments under this contract is F.O.B. origin.
12. ALC considers components ready for issue upon acceptance. Components determined to be NRFI upon installation may be returned to the contractor with deficiencies described in a Quality Deficiency Report.
13. The Offeror's standard commercial warranty shall apply to this SOW and resulting contract and the terms of that standard warranty shall be provided with the offer.
The USCG does not own specifications, plans, and drawings and no other technical data will be included in this solicitation. All responsible sources may submit an offer for quantities listed or quantity price breaks which shall be considered by the agency. PACKAGING AND MARKING: Packaging, packing, and preservation shall be in accordance with ASTM D3951-98 (Re-approved 2004) Standard Practice for Commercial Packaging. Each package shall be individually labeled on the outside with Nomenclature, Quantity, Purchase Order Number, and Line Item Number. The internal packaging material shall be sufficient to prevent damage during shipment, handling, and storage. Delivery shall be to Commanding Officer, Aviation Logistics Center, Elizabeth City, NC 27909. Inspection and Acceptance shall be performed at destination by ALC's Receiving Section. Inspection and Acceptance shall be in accordance with 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (June 2010). In addition, Inspection and Acceptance may be performed at destination by ALC's Quality Assurance representative in accordance with ALCINST 4855.4, Policy and Quality Assurance Procedures for the Receipt Inspection of New, Repaired and Overhauled Items from Vendors dated Aug 15, 2008. Copies of packing slips shall be affixed to the outside of the shipping container. Each item or unit must be individually packed in a separate box, carton, or crate. Each individual container shall be labeled on the outside with NSN, Part Number, Serial Number, Quantity, Nomenclature, Purchase Order Number, and Line Item. Bar coding is authorized but not required. Offers shall be able to provide necessary certifications including traceability to ensure parts are in airworthy condition, suitable for installation on an U.S. Coast Guard aircraft. The basis for award rests with the determination of fair and reasonable pricing.
"I certify that on ________________ [insert date], the _________________________ [insert
Date of Execution: __________________________________________________________
FAR 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items (Jun 2008) is tailored as follows:
FAR 52.212-2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (Jan 1999) will not be used. The following will be used to evaluate quotes. The Coast Guard will evaluate quotations and make an offer resulting from this solicitation to the responsible vendor whose quote conforms to the solicitation and is determined to be most advantageous to the Government based on the ability to meet basic requirements, delivery, price and consideration of past performance.
FAR 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items (May 2011)
FAR 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (Jun 2010) is tailored as follows:
52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items. (August 2011)
1. USCG Aviation Logistics Center is a supply depot; therefore, material will be stored and transshipped to various users. The container shall be packed and labeled suitable for shipment via land, air or sea.
The closing date for receipt of quotes is November 4, 2011 at 10:00 am EDT. Anticipated award date is no later than December 22, 2011. Quotes are to remain effective for 60 days after close of solicitation. Offers may be submitted on company letterhead stationery and must include the following information: Solicitation Number, Nomenclature, Part Number, FOB point, Unit Price, Extended Price, Payment Terms and discount offered for prompt payment, the business size standard and any minority classification; delivery date, and Representation and Certifications contained in FAR Clause 52.212-3, including Alternate 1. Facsimile quotes are acceptable and may be forwarded via fax number 252-335-6790. Point of contact is Geneva James, phone 252-334-5094, and email: Geneva.K.James@uscg.mil.
HU25, HH65, H60J, C130, ESD, IOD, ISD, CASA or ALD
Elizabeth City, North Carolina 27909-5001
Geneva K. James,
October 20, 2011
Nov 04, 2011 10:00 am Eastern
Automatic, on specified date
February 29, 2012
Original Set Aside:
16 -- Aircraft components & accessories
336 -- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing/336413 -- Other Aircraft Parts and Auxiliary Equipment Manufacturing