TITLE: Request for Information (RFI) for Alternate Power Sources
Date: 21 Jan 14
1. This RFI is issued in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clause 52.215-3 (Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes - Oct 1997) and is published to obtain information for use by the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center (AFLCMC).
2. This RFI is NOT a Request for Proposal, Invitation for Bid, or an announcement of a solicitation; it is only intended for information or planning purposes. There is no bid package or solicitation document associated with this announcement. Response to this RFI is strictly voluntary and will not affect any potential Offeror's ability to submit an offer if a solicitation is released. Any requests for a solicitation package will be disregarded. The government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this RFI or otherwise pay for the information solicited. No entitlement to payment of direct or indirect costs or charges by the government will arise as a result of preparing submissions in response to this RFI and the government's use of such information. Submittals will not be returned to the sender. Respondents to this RFI may be asked to provide additional information/details based on their initial submittals. The information requested will be used within the Air Force and may be disclosed outside of the agency. All information marked PROPRIETARY will be safeguarded in accordance with applicable Government regulations.
3. The AFLCMC/XZZ Program Office is seeking information to determine qualified, experienced, and interested potential sources of alternate power or batteries.
4. Interested companies must submit a Statement of Capabilities, not to exceed 10 pages, addressing the following areas in Table 1:
Table 1-Power Requirements Requirement # Primary Requirements Parameter Threshold Objective R1 Temperature -40C to +80C -55C to +125C R2 Voltage 1.8V >1.8V R3 Consistent Current 150µA >150µA R4 Surge Current 100mA for 1 second >100mA for 1 second R5a Operating Life 15 years @ constant current 20 years @ constant current R5b Shelf Life 25 years 50 years R6 Volume < 2in3 < .008 in3 Secondary Requirements R7 Vibration and Shock DOT Shipping & Handling Mil Std 810g, application specific R8 Weight 4 ounces (133.4 grams) <4 ounces (113.4 grams) R9 Low Pressure (Altitude) 8,000ft. to 40,000 ft. Vacuum (space) R10 NRC driven handling/storage General License Exempt R11 Hazardous No caustic materials Inert R12 External Markings None None
5. If your company has an interest in submitting information on the power requirements described in Table 1, please respond with a Capability Statement as noted below no later than 21 Feb 14: a. Company Name, address, point of contact, telephone number, fax number, email address, NAICS code, GSA schedules held if any, and CAGE code.
b. Identification of business size and if currently designated as a Small Business as defined in the FAR Part 19.1, as well as, any applicable small business category.
c. If applicable, any teaming arrangements.
d. Past and current performance background as it relates to supporting the above requirements in Table 1, to include the following: A. Contract number B. Title and a brief summary of the objective of the effort C. Contracting agency or firm (Government or commercial) D. Value of the contract and period of performance E. Type of contract (i.e. fixed price, cost reimbursable, labor hour) F. NAICS code/small business size standard G. Any other information deemed useful to the effort
6. Additionally, please provide answers to the following questions if applicable: a. Is the item commercially available or does it have a commercial equivalent? If so, please provide actual sales data.
b. What is the production lead time required after receipt of and order (days)?
c. What would be the most economical production rate for this item? (and estimated unit price)
d. What is the maximum production capability per month? (shift, hour, day schedule)
e. Are any IR&D efforts in work or planned in related areas?
7. Please submit any questions by 7 Feb 14 to the contracting office listed below. 8. Responses are due no later than 21 Feb 14.
TO: Megan S. Werner AFLCMC/XZZ 2275 D St, Bld 16, RM 52 WPAFB, OH 45433 (937) 255-8325 Megan.firstname.lastname@example.org