Users of assistive technologies such as screen readers should use the following link to activate Accessibility Mode before continuing: Learn more and Activate accessibility mode.
Added: Feb 25, 2013 1:30 amSolicitation Number: FA5209-13-Q-1022
Notice Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation
Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Golf Cage with Netting at #18 Tee Box, Tama Golf Course, Japan
Requesting Agency: 374th Force Support Squadron/FSCG, Tama Hills Golf Course, Non-appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI), Bldg 1010, Renkoji, Tama-shi, Tokyo 206-0021 Japan
Purchasing Agency: 374th Contracting Squadron/LGCB
2. This solicitation is issued as a Request for Quotation (RFQ) IAW Air Force Manual 64-302, Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Contracting Procedures. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
*Note: This is a NAF purchase and as such is exempt from having to conform to FAR rules and regulations, per Air Force Manual 64-302 section 2.9.
3. Submit written quotes in reference to Request for Quotation (RFQ) reference number FA5209-13-Q-1022. Due to the overseas location of this solicitation, no set-aside will be used. The NAICS code for this requirement is 423910, Sporting and Recreational Goods and Supply. FSC: 7810
5. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: ADC 45 days
6. OFFER DUE DATE/LOCAL TIME:
7. APPLICABLE TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND PROVISIONS:
NAFI GENERAL PROVISIONS (Modified as of 9 Dec 2011)
l. DEFINITIONS (JAN 2005) - As used throughout this contract, the following terms and abbreviations have the meanings set forth below:
d. The term "Contractor" means the party responsible for providing supplies and/or services at a certain price or rate to the NAFI under this contract.
e. The abbreviation "FAR" means Federal Acquisition Regulation.
b. A claim by the Contractor shall be made in writing and submitted to the Contracting Officer for a written decision. Contractors shall provide the certification specified below when submitting any claim. Any person duly authorized to bind the Contractor with respect to the claim may execute the certification.
4. LEGAL STATUS (JAN 2005) - The NAFI is an integral part of the Department of Defense and is an instrumentality of the United States Government. Therefore, NAFI contracts are United States Government contracts; however, they do not obligate appropriated funds of the United States.
5. EXAMINATION OF RECORDS (JAN 2005) - This clause is applicable under contracts that are entered into by means of negotiation and where price and costing data are required to support a determination of price reasonableness. This clause does not apply to commercial items or when the Contracting Officer determines that prices agreed upon are based on adequate price competition. The Contractor agrees that the Contracting Officer or
9. CANCELLATION BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT (JAN 2005) - Should the situation warrant, the parties upon mutual agreement and no costs, may cancel this contract.
(i) Deliver the supplies or perform the service within the time specified within this contract or any Extension;
f. If, after termination, it is determined that the cause by the Contractor was excusable, the rights and obligations of the parties shall be the same as if the termination had been issued for convenience of the NAFI.
g. The rights and remedies of the NAFI in this clause are in addition to any other rights and remedies provided by law or under this contract.
13. PARTIAL DELIVERIES (JAN 2005) - Partial deliveries are not permitted unless authorized by the terms of the contract or approved by the Contracting Officer.
15. HOLD AND SAVE HARMLESS (JAN 2005) - The Contractor shall indemnify, hold and save harmless, and defend the NAFI, its outlets and customers from any liability, claimed or established for violation or infringement of any patent, copyright, or trademark right asserted by any third party with respect to goods hereby ordered or any part thereof. Contractor further agrees to hold the NAFI harmless from all claims or judgments for damages resulting from the use of products or services listed in this contract, except for such claims or damages caused by, or resulting from negligence of NAFI customers, employees, agents, or representatives. Also, Contractor shall at all times hold and save harmless the NAFI, its agents, representatives, and employees from any and all suits, claims, charges, and expenses which arise out of acts or omissions of Contractor, its agents, representatives, or employees.
19. COMMERCIAL WARRANTY (JAN 2005) - The Contractor agrees that the supplies or services furnished under this contract shall be covered by the most favorable commercial warranties the Contractor gives to any customer for such supplies or services and that the rights and remedies provided herein are in addition to and do not limit any rights afforded to the NAFI by any other clause of this contract. The printed terms and conditions of such warranty will be provided to the NAFI with the delivery of any supplies covered. Modified as of 9 Dec 2011
20. ADVERTISEMENTS (JAN 2005) - Contractor agrees that none of its nor its agent's advertisements, to include publications, merchandise, promotions, coupons, sweepstakes, contest, sales brochures, etc, shall state, infer or imply that the Contractor's products or services are approved, promoted, or endorsed by the NAFI. Any advertisement, including cents-off coupons, which refers to a NAFI will contain a statement that the advertisement is neither paid for, nor sponsored in whole or in part by, the particular activity.
a. Discounts for prompt payment will not be considered in the evaluation of offers. However, any offered discount will form a part of the award, and will be taken if payment is made within the discount period indicated in the offer by the offeror. As an alternative to offering a prompt payment discount in conjunction with the offer, offerors awarded contracts may include prompt payment discounts on individual invoices.
b. In connection with any discount offered for prompt payment, time shall be computed from the date of the invoice. If the Contractor has not placed a date on the invoice, the due date shall be calculated from the date the designated billing office receives a proper invoice, provided the agency annotates such invoice with the date of receipt at the time of receipt. For the purpose of computing the discount earned, payment shall be considered to have been made on the date that appears on the payment check or, for an electronic funds transfer, the specified payment date. When the discount date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday when Federal Government offices are closed and Government business is not expected to be conducted, payment may be made on the following business day.
22. INVOICES (JAN 2005):
a. An invoice is a written request for payment under the contract for supplies delivered or for services rendered. In order to be proper, an invoice should include (and in order to support the payment of interest penalties, must include) the following:
b. For purposes of determining if interest begins to accrue under the PROMPT PAYMENT ACT (PUBLIC LAW 97-177):
23. ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER PAYMENTS (AUG 2007) - Federal law 31 USC requires Federal payments to be made by electronic fund transfer. Any payment made on this contract will be made using the Government Purchase Card as the method of EFT (unless otherwise specified within the contract or exempted by law).
LIST OF FAR CLAUSES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE
26 52.212-4(c) Changes
*27. 252.225-7041 Correspondence in English
The full text of the FAR, DFAR, and AFFARS can be accessed on the Internet at http://farsite.hill.af.mil
8. SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS:
The offers shall be prepared to consist of the following three parts:
A. PART I - PRICE QUOTATION - Submit one original.
(a) Submission of proposal without any conditional changes, the offeror accedes to the contract terms and conditions as written in this solicitation with attachments. The solicitation constitutes the model contract.
(b) Attachment 1, Pricing Schedule - Construct Golf Cage with Netting at #18 Tee Box. Insert proposed price (Lump Sum) in Yen for Contract Line Item Number - CLIN 0001 in the Pricing Schedule.
(c) Complete the necessary fill-ins and certifications in Attachment 4 (Representations, Certifications, and Other Statement). The filled attachment 4 shall be returned along with the quotation in its entirety.
(d) Acknowledgment of solicitation amendments when issued.
B. PART II - TECHNICAL ACCEPTABILITY - Submit one (1) copy of the following qualifications/documentations.
Valid Licenses stated in paragraphs 1.3.1. and 1.3.2. in the Attachment 2, Statement of Work (SOW).
C. PART III - PRESENT/PAST PERFORMANCE INFORMATION: The present/past performance information shall be recent and relevant information in demonstrating the offeror's ability to successfully perform the required effort. Only references for the same or similar type contracts desired. The present/past performance information shall consist of (1) Present/Past Performance Reference List. In order to ensure the offeror's ability, the Government reserves the right to contact the listed project POC to obtain further information.
Present/Past Performance Reference List: The offeror shall prepare the Present/ Past Performance Reference List in the same format as shown in Solicitation Attachment 3 and submit to 374 CONS/LGCBB, by either e-mail ( email@example.com ) or FAX (042-530-3319 or 011-81-42-530-3319 from the United States), not later than the specified offer due date/time in paragraph 6 above . The reference list shall contain one (1) contract performed (on-going or completed) as prime contractor, subcontractor, joint ventures and/or teaming partners of the most relevant contracts (similar in scope, size and complexity) for US Government agencies, Government of Japan or its political subdivisions, or commercial customers within the last 3 years of this solicitation release date.
Relevant Contracts. Submit information on contract or business transaction that you consider relevant in demonstrating your ability to perform the proposed effort. Include rationale supporting your assertion of relevance. Offerors are required to explain what aspects of the contracts are deemed relevant to the proposed effort, and to what aspects of the proposed effort they relate. This may include a discussion of efforts accomplished by the offeror to resolve problems encountered on prior contracts as well as past efforts to identify and manage program risk. Relevant contracts (similar in scope, size and complexity) may include the work requirement(s) listed in Description of Services, SECTION 1 of Statement of Work (SOW), Solicitation Attachment 2.
This is a competitive best value source selection in which Government will award a contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and technical acceptability considered. The Government intends to make award to the lowest price of offers meeting or exceeding the technical acceptability standards. The following factors shall be used in the evaluation in the evaluation process:
(i) Technical acceptability is achieved when an offeror submits Valid Licenses stated in paragraphs 1.3.1. and 1.3.2. in the Attachment 2, Statement of Work (SOW) and at least one (1) current and relevant present/past performance information as a prime contractor, subcontractor or a performer of the most relevant contracts for US Government agencies, Government of Japan or its political subdivisions, or commercial customers.
(ii) Present/Past Performance Information: Furnish the date and information on the customer or major client, quantity and type of golf cage with netting used and other pertinent information as set forth in this solicitation.
(iii) The Government intends to award without discussions with respective offerors. The Government, however, reserves the right to conduct discussions if deemed in its best interest.
(End of provision)
10. NOTICE OF SITE ORIENTATION:
(i) A Site Orientation will be conducted at Tama Hills Golf Course, Bldg 1010, Renkoji, Tama-shi, Tokyo, Japan at 1000 hours on 4 Mar 2013 Japanese Standard Time (JST) for the purpose of reviewing the requirement under this solicitation. Submit the names of all attendees to Mr. Takashi Uechi, Contract Specialist, at 042-552-3014 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 2 Mar 2013. This information must be provided in advance in order to ensure access to the conference site and adequate spaces for the conference attendees.
(ii) Offerors are requested to submit questions to the point of contract noted above not later than 2 Mar 2013. Information provided at this conference shall not qualify the terms and conditions of the solicitation, they will remain unchanged unless the acknowledgment and receipt of solicitation amendments apply. A record of the conference shall be made and furnished to all prospective offerors.
11. SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT (SAM) REGISTRATION:
Failure to register in the SAM database prior to award of the order may cause rejection of the order. The offeror must complete their registrations with the SAM and must be approved under the system by the below local offer due date. To register yourself with SAM, visit https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/
Upon the completion of work, send the invoice to the below for acceptance and certification:
374th FSS/FSCG (NAF)
Upon the certification, send the signed invoice (in English) to the below for payment.
MR. RYUTARO WADA ( email@example.com )
Contracting Office Address:
Primary Point of Contact.:
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
February 25, 2013
Atch_1_Price_Schedule_Golf_Cage_Net.pdf (20.76 Kb)
Description: Attachment 1, Price Schedule
Atch_2,__18_CAGE_NET-_SOW.pdf (492.25 Kb)
Description: Attachment 2, #18 CAGE NET - SOW
Atch_3_PP_Reference_List.docx (22.25 Kb)
Description: Attachment 3, PP Reference List
Description: Attachment 4, Rep and Certs
Yokota AB, APO Japan, 96328-5228
Tama Hills Golf Course, Bldg 1010, Renkoji,
February 25, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 10:00 am Pacific
Automatic, 15 days after response date
April 2, 2013
Original Set Aside:
78 -- Recreational & athletic equipment
423 -- Merchant Wholesalers, Durable Goods/423910 -- Sporting and Recreational Goods and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers