This sources sought notice is issued for information and planning purposes only. This announcement is not a Request for Proposal (RFP) and does not commit the Government to solicit or award a contract now or in the future. No solicitation is available at this time. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this announcement and any follow-up information requests. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation. All information submitted in response to this announcement must arrive on or before the closing date. No telephone requests will be honored. All information provided will become property of NIST and will not be returned.
The purpose of this notice is to identify sources with the requisite qualifications that could provide the services stated herein. All large and small businesses (8(a), SDB, WOSB, HUBZone, VOSB and SDVOSB) capable of performing the requirement indicated below are encouraged to respond to this notice.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has a requirement for services to assist the NIST Engineering Laboratory (EL) in the area of structural engineering research for reducing risks due to earthquakes and other severe hazards as described in the attached DRAFT Statement of Work.
NIST anticipates using FAR Part 15 Contracting by Negotiation procedures to award an Indefinite-Delivery-Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract. The anticipated, estimated ceiling amount of the IDIQ contract is $10 million, over the course of a base period of one year and four option periods of one year.
The applicable NAICS code for this requirement is 541330 - Engineering Services, with an SBA size standard of $14.0 million.
NIST may hold an Industry Day for this requirement prior to posting a Request for Proposals (RFP).
INSTRUCTIONS Businesses with the capabilities of providing the required services, as described in the attached DRAFT Statement of Work, are invited to submit, on a voluntary basis, a written capability statement identifying the business size/designation (e.g. 8(a), SDB, WOSB, HUBZone, VOSB and SDVOSB utilizing a NAICS Code of 541330), with sufficient information that demonstrates ability to fulfill the above requirements. Businesses that offer the required services under a GSA Schedule contract shall indicate the applicable GSA schedule, SIN and their cognizant GSA Schedule contract number.
The written capability statement/response must include the following:
1. Company name, address, phone number, and email address(es) for point(s) of contact.
2. Detailed descriptions of analytical and experimental structural engineering research for reducing risks due to earthquakes and other extreme hazards performed by the company as a prime contractor or subcontractor within the past 10 years. Include contract/order numbers, periods of performance, and total dollar amount of contracts/orders and customer point(s) of contact (name, phone number, email address).
3. Detailed descriptions of involvement in national standards development for reducing risks due to earthquakes and other extreme hazards performed by the company or its employees within the past 10 years. See above discussion of relevant national standards documents. Include contract/order numbers, periods of performance, and total dollar amount of contracts/orders and customer point(s) of contact (name, phone number, email address).
4. Size of the company in terms of dollars under NAICS code 541330, and whether the company is an 8(a), SDB, WOSB, HUBZone, VOSB and/or SDVOSB under this NAICS code. If the company is a subsidiary of another company, list the total revenue and number of employees for the parent organization and all subsidiaries.
5. Company's DUNS number and also indicate whether the company is currently registered in the Government's System for Award Management (SAM) (Vendors must be registered in SAM to receive an award of any government contractual vehicle).
Mere expressions of interest without providing the above requested details will not be considered valid responses to this notice. Responses shall not exceed 20 pages and include the subject line "Structural Engineering Research for Reducing Earthquake Risks", should be single spaced and single sided, using Times New Roman, 12-point font, and should not include attachments or appendices.
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A PRE-SOLICITATION NOTICE. ANY SOLICITATION WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT A LATER DATE. NO OFFERS ARE REQUESTED OR WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
Responses to this Sources Sought Notice and questions regarding this Sources Sought Notice should be submitted via email to Divya Soni at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Chon Son at email@example.com and shall be received no later than 12:00 PM (EST) November 21, 2012. DOC/NIST appreciates your assistance with this market research and emphasizes that this effort is for planning purposes only. Responses will not be treated as proposals, but may be used to create the subsequent Request for Proposal (RFP). Respondents should clearly mark any proprietary information submitted in response to this Sources Sought Notice.