Users of assistive technologies such as screen readers should use the following link to activate Accessibility Mode before continuing: Learn more and Activate accessibility mode.
Added: Jan 16, 2013 10:53 am
BROAD AGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT (BAA)
B. Research Opportunity Title: Development and Demonstration of Mine Safety and Health Technology, Office of Mine Safety and Health Research
C. Program Name: Office of Mine Safety and Health Research
D. Research Opportunity Number: 2013-N-14974
E. Response Date: This announcement will remain open until March 21, 2013. Concept papers will be accepted from the release of the solicitation through March 21, 2013. Full proposals for concept papers that are found to be technically acceptable will be due within 30 days after notification by the Contracting Officer.
F. Inquiries and Additional Information: Information and specific questions of a technical business nature only will be accepted via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and e-mail address on the message. Responses to the e-mail questions will be handled on a first-come basis and generally will be answered within 10 business days.
2. A safety technology that is currently being used in another industry and requires modification to be adapted to underground coal mines. This could include system redesign, modification to meet permissibility requirements, in-mine testing to establish the efficacy of the technology, and/or demonstration of the technology at mine sites.
II. AWARD INFORMATION
• Paper Size - 8.5 x 11 inch paper
o One page listing of key personnel along with the approximate percentage of time to be expended by each person during each contract year;
• Cover Page: A separate cover page must include the words "TECHNICAL PROPOSAL" and the following:
• Management Approach (not to exceed 5 pages): A discussion of the overall approach to the management of this effort, including brief discussions of the total organization, use of personnel, project/function/subcontractor relationships, government research interfaces, and planning, scheduling and control practice. Identify which personnel and subcontractors (if any) will be involved. Include a description of the facilities that are required for the proposed effort with a description of any government furnished equipment, hardware, software, or information required, by version and/or configuration (Refer to Section VII).
2. Volume 2: Cost Proposal - The Cost Proposal shall consist of a cover page and two parts. Part 1 will provide a detailed cost breakdown of all costs by cost category and by calendar/fiscal year. Part 2 will provide a cost breakdown by task/sub task using the same task numbers in the Statement of Work. Options must be separately priced.
• Cover Page: The use of the SF 1411 is optional. The words "COST PROPOSAL" should appear on the cover page in addition to the following information:
• Part 2: Cost breakdown by task/subtask using the same task numbers in the Statement of Work. When options are contemplated, options must be separately identified and priced by task/subtask corresponding to the same task numbers in the Statement of Work. Included in this section shall be a proposed payment schedule, linked to the cost breakdown, deliverables, and milestones.
**Subcontracting Plan: (Note: This requirement does not apply to small business concerns.) Offerors should complete the Small Business Subcontracting Plan found at the HHS Office of Small Business Utilization, http://www.hhs.gov/osdbu/form.html.
The following is a sample of deliverables that could be required under a typical research effort:
Post Office Box 18070
Cochrans Mill Road
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15236-0070
Cynthia Y. Mitchell
January 16, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 4:30 pm Eastern
Automatic, 15 days after response date
April 5, 2013
Original Set Aside:
A -- Research & Development
541 -- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services/541712 -- Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Biotechnology)