Users of assistive technologies such as screen readers should use the following link to activate Accessibility Mode before continuing: Learn more and Activate accessibility mode.
Added: Oct 22, 2013 8:46 am1. This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with FAR 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
2. Solicitation number is N32205-14-T-3235 and is being issued as a Request for Quotes (RFQ).
3. The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-69, effective 03 Sep 2013
4. The associated NAICS code is 541330. This procurement is a small business set-aside.
5. Military Sealift Command (MSC), Norfolk, VA intends to award a firm fixed price purchase order USNS MATTHEW PERRY for the following services:
The requested period of performance for the below service is 4 November 2013 - 1 Dec 13. The location for this service is Singapore, Sembawang Shipyard.
Statement of Work
2.1.1 Sperry Marine VMFT Technical manual
3.2 Contractor Furnished Material: None
4.0 GOVERNMENT FURNISHED SERVICES: None
Table 1 below: (2) EACH Visionmaster (VM) FT Electronic chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)W/ (4) NODES, SOLAS V/220.127.116.11, IMO and IHO approved system W/ the latest software ver. 5.4 or equivalent.(Material ordered by the ship's force).
QTY PART NO. DESCRIPTION
5.4 The contractor shall return the ships old NAV ECDIS Security Dongle to the Sperry Factory. Obtain a signature paper trail with the ships PPE or Navigator for the Dongle disposition.
6.0 QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: None additional.
7.0 STATEMENT OF WORK REQUIRED
7.1.2 Meet with the ships Navigator to discuss VMS settings and ship specific information in the system. Take note of old system settings in order to encorporate to the new VMS computers.
7.1.3 Disconnect and remove the old BME series VMS computer system.
7.1.4 Install equipment and interconnecting cabling from GFM list above to upgrade the VMS system in accordance with Reference 2.1.1 and 2.1.2. All cabling shall be run in previously used runs or provisions made to install new T-bars or securing clamps where none exist. Securing clamps shall having channel rubber installed to protect the cable.
7.1.5 Install secure hold down brackets or clamps on all computer and peripheral equipment. Install bond wires to ground the chasis on all systems designed for them in accordance with MFR standards.
7.1.6 Set up run and test the operating system and Charting software on each VMS work station and node. Demonstrate satisfactory operation to the MSC REP or ships Navigator. Install all system parameters and ship specific information as defined in steop 7.1.2 above.
7.1.7 Verify all I/O data to/from the VMS/ECDIS and between nodes is valid and communicating properly. Demonstrate all operational features in accordance with reference 2.1.1 to the ships designated officer.
7.1.8 Submit a detailed written report to the MSC N6442 REP that the VMS VMFT system was installed in accordance with the MFR Specs and in accordance with references 2.1.1 and 2.1.2. MSC TECH POC: xxxxxxxxx
7.2 Manufacturer's REP
7.2.1 Provide the services of a REP to install/ upgrade the ships VMS to the VisionMaster series system with the latest software.
8.0 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Enterprise-Wide Contractor Manpower Reporting Application (ECMRA)
The contractor shall report contractor labor hours (including subcontractor labor hours) required for performance of services provided under this contract for the Military Sealift Command via a secure data collection site. Contracted services excluded from reporting are based on Product Service Codes (PSCs). The excluded PSCs are:
(1) W, Lease/Rental of Equipment;
The contractor is required to completely fill in all required data fields using the following web address https://doncmra.nmci.navy.mil.
Reporting inputs will be for the labor executed during the period of performance during each Government fiscal year (FY), which runs October 1 through September 30. While inputs may be reported any time during the FY, all data shall be reported no later than October 31 of each calendar year. Contractors may direct questions to the help desk, linked at https://doncmra.nmci.navy.mil.
52.212-1 (ADDENDUM) ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS--COMMERCIAL ITEMS
a. After receipt of quotes the Government may, with or without notice, negotiate with and, if desired, seek quote revisions from as many or as few quoters as it, in its discretion, deems appropriate.
b. The term "offeror" or "offer" as used in FAR 52.212-1 shall be understood to mean "quoter" and "quote," respectively. Further, the term "award" shall be understood to describe the Government's issuance of an order.
c. The following paragraphs in FAR 52.212-1 shall not apply to this RFQ: a, b, c, f (except f(4)), and l.
d. The Government will consider all quotes that are timely received and may consider late quotes. Failure of a quote to address any items required in the submission package may make a quote unacceptable.
e. SUBMISSION PACKAGE
All quoters must include a completed copy of FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items with its offer.
2. Responses to this solicitation are due 26 October 2013 at 0800 local time, Norfolk, VA. Quotes may be emailed email@example.com or faxed via 757-443-5982 Attn: Efrem Mason. Please reference the solicitation number on your quote.
3. Offers/quotes submitted in response to this solicitation shall not contain nor be subject to the offeror's/vendor's standard commercial terms and conditions. Any offer/quote submitted in response to this solicitation which includes the offeror's/vendor's standard commercial terms and conditions may be considered a material defect and may be rejected as being non-responsive to the solicitation.
Labor Rates: tiny_mce_marker_______ straight time X (number of hours) _______; tiny_mce_marker______ overtime X (number of hours) __________; tiny_mce_marker_________ double or holiday X (number of hours) ________.
Specify the number of hours per person for any applicable labor rates.
Estimated materials: Provide a detailed list of all estimated materials, the cost for each and the part numbers (if applicable).
List any other cost, which does not fall with the above categories (i.e. travel, per diem, rental car, hotel, administrative fees, etc..):
Provide any contract numbers for purchase orders in which you have previously performed this work: ______________________________________________.
Firm Fixed Price Total (includes all charges): tiny_mce_marker_________________________.
8. The clause at FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes Or Executive Orders - Commercial Items applies to this acquisition. The following additional FAR clauses contained within FAR 52.212-5 are applicable to this acquisition:
52.204-7 System for Award Management
52.204-13 SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT MAINTENANCE (JULY 2013)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause--
Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number means the 9-digit number assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. (D&B) to identify unique business entities, which is used as the identification number for Federal Contractors.
Data Universal Numbering System+4 (DUNS+4) number means the DUNS number assigned by D&B plus a 4-character suffix that may be assigned by a business concern. (D&B has no affiliation with this 4-character suffix.) This 4-character suffix may be assigned at the discretion of the business concern to establish additional SAM records for identifying alternative Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) accounts (see the FAR at subpart 32.11) for the same concern.
Registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database means that-
(1) The Contractor has entered all mandatory information, including the DUNS number or the DUNS+4 number, the Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) code, as well as data required by the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 (see subpart 4.14), into the SAM database;
(2) The Contractor has completed the Core, Assertions, Representations and Certifications, and Points of Contact sections of the registration in the SAM database;
(3) The Government has validated all mandatory data fields, to include validation of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The Contractor will be required to provide consent for TIN validation to the Government as a part of the SAM registration process; and
(4) The Government has marked the record ``Active''.
System for Award Management (SAM) means the primary Government repository for prospective Federal awardee and Federal awardee information and the centralized Government system for certain contracting, grants, and other assistance-related processes. It includes-
(1) Data collected from prospective Federal awardees required for the conduct of business with the Government;
(2) Prospective contractor-submitted annual representations and certifications in accordance with FAR subpart 4.12; and
(3) Identification of those parties excluded from receiving Federal contracts, certain subcontracts, and certain types of Federal financial and non-financial assistance and benefits.
(b) The Contractor is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the data within the SAM database, and for any liability resulting from the Government's reliance on inaccurate or incomplete data. To remain registered in the SAM database after the initial registration, the Contractor is required to review and update on an annual basis, from the date of initial registration or subsequent updates, its information in the SAM database to ensure it is current, accurate and complete. Updating information in the SAM does not alter the terms and conditions of this contract and is not a substitute for a properly executed contractual document.
(c)(1)(i) If a Contractor has legally changed its business name, doing business as name, or division name (whichever is shown on the contract), or has transferred the assets used in performing the contract, but has not completed the necessary requirements regarding novation and change-of-name agreements in subpart 42.12, the Contractor shall provide the responsible Contracting Officer a minimum of one business day's written notification of its intention to-
(A) Change the name in the SAM database;
(B) Comply with the requirements of subpart 42.12 of the FAR; and
(C) Agree in writing to the timeline and procedures specified by the responsible Contracting Officer. The Contractor shall provide with the notification sufficient documentation to support the legally changed name.
(ii) If the Contractor fails to comply with the requirements of paragraph
(2) The Contractor shall not change the name or address for EFT payments or manual payments, as appropriate, in the SAM record to reflect an assignee for the purpose of assignment of claims (see FAR subpart 32.8, Assignment of Claims). Assignees shall be separately registered in the SAM. Information provided to the Contractor's SAM record that indicates payments, including those made by EFT, to an ultimate recipient other than that Contractor will be considered to
(3) The Contractor shall ensure that the DUNS number is maintained with Dun & Bradstreet throughout the life of the contract. The Contractor shall communicate any change to the DUNS number to the Contracting Officer within 30 days after the change, so an appropriate modification can be issued to update the data on the contract. A change in the DUNS number does not necessarily require a novation be accomplished. Dun & Bradstreet may be
(i) Via the internet at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform or if the
(ii) If located outside the United States, by contacting the
(d) Contractors may obtain additional information on registration and annual confirmation requirements at https://www.acquisition.gov.
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause--
``System for Award Management (SAM) database'' means the primary Government repository for contractor information required for the conduct of business with the Government.
``Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code'' means-
(1) A code assigned by the Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS) to identify a commercial or Government entity; or
(2) A code assigned by a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization that DLIS records and maintains in the CAGE master file. This type of code is known as an ``NCAGE code.''
``Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number'' means the 9-digit number assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. (D&B) to identify unique business entities.
``Data Universal Numbering System +4 (DUNS+4) number'' means the DUNS number assigned by D&B plus a 4-character suffix that may be assigned by a business concern. (D&B has no affiliation with this 4-
``Registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database'' means that-
(1) The contractor has entered all mandatory information, including the DUNS number or the DUNS+4 number, and Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) code into the SAM database;
(2) The contractor has completed the Core Data, Assertions, Representations and Certifications, and Points of Contact sections of the registration in the SAM database;
(3) The Government has validated all mandatory data fields, to include validation of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The Contractor will be required
(4) The Government has marked the record ``Active.''
(b)(1) By submission of an offer, the offeror acknowledges the requirement that a prospective awardee shall be registered in the SAM database prior to award, during performance, and through final payment of any contract, basic agreement, basic ordering agreement, or blanket purchasing agreement resulting from this solicitation.
(2) The offeror shall enter, in the block with its name and address on the cover page of its offer, the annotation "DUNS" or "DUNS +4" followed by the DUNS or DUNS +4 number that identifies the offeror's name and address exactly as stated in the offer. The DUNS number will be used by the Contracting Officer to verify that the offeror is registered in the SAM database.
(c) If the offeror does not have a DUNS number, it should contact Dun and Bradstreet directly to obtain one.
(1) An offeror may obtain a DUNS number--
(i) Via the Internet at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform or if the offeror does not have internet access, it may call Dun and Bradstreet at 1-866-705-5711 if located within the United States; or
(ii) If located outside the United States, by contacting the local Dun and Bradstreet office. The offeror should indicate that it is an offeror for a U.S. Government contract when contacting the local Dun and Bradstreet office.
(2) The offeror should be prepared to provide the following information:
(i) Company legal business.
(ii) Tradestyle, doing business, or other name by which your entity is commonly recognized.
(iii) Company Physical Street Address, City, State, and Zip Code.
(iv) Company Mailing Address, City, State and Zip Code (if separate from physical).
(v) Company Telephone Number.
(vi) Date the company was started.
(vii) Number of employees at your location.
(viii) Chief executive officer/key manager.
(ix) Line of business (industry).
(x) Company Headquarters name and address (reporting relationship within your entity).
(d) If the Offeror does not become registered in the SAM database in the time prescribed by the Contracting Officer, the Contracting Officer will proceed to award to the next otherwise successful registered Offeror.
(e) Processing time, which normally takes 48 hours, should be taken into consideration when registering. Offerors who are not registered should consider applying for registration immediately upon receipt of this solicitation.
(f) Offerors may obtain information on registration at https://www.acquisition.gov.
(a) 26 U.S.C. 6331(h) authorizes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to continuously levy up to 100 percent of contract payments, up to the amount of tax debt.
(b) When a levy is imposed on a payment under this contract and the Contractor believes that the levy may result in an inability to perform the contract, the Contractor shall promptly notify the Procuring Contracting Officer in writing, with a copy to the Administrative Contracting Officer, and shall provide--
(1) The total dollar amount of the levy;
(2) A statement that the Contractor believes that the levy may result in an inability to perform the contract, including rationale and adequate supporting documentation; and
(3) Advice as to whether the inability to perform may adversely affect national security, including rationale and adequate supporting documentation.
(c) DoD shall promptly review the Contractor's assessment, and the Procuring Contracting Officer shall provide a written notification to the Contractor including--
(1) A statement as to whether DoD agrees that the levy may result in an inability to perform the contract; and
(2)(i) If the levy may result in an inability to perform the contract and the lack of performance will adversely affect national security, the total amount of the monies collected that should be returned to the Contractor; or
(ii) If the levy may result in an inability to perform the contract but will not impact national security, a recommendation that the Contractor promptly notify the IRS to attempt to resolve the tax situation.
(d) Any DoD determination under this clause is not subject to appeal under the Contract Disputes Act.
This solicitation incorporates one or more solicitation provisions by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. The offeror is cautioned that the listed provisions may include blocks that must be completed by the offeror and submitted with its quotation or offer. In lieu of submitting the full text of those provisions, the offeror may identify the provision by paragraph identifier and provide the appropriate information with its quotation or offer. Also, the full text of a solicitation provision may be accessed electronically at this/these addresses:
This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause my be accessed electronically at this/these address(es):
(a) In accordance with sections 8124 and 8125 of Division A of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2012,(Pub. L. 112-74) none of the funds made available by that Act may be used to enter into a contract with any corporation that-
(1) Has any unpaid Federal tax liability that has been assessed, for which all judicial and administrative remedies have been exhausted or have lapsed, and that is not being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement with the authority responsible for collecting the tax liability, where the awarding agency is aware of the unpaid tax liability, unless the agency has considered suspension or debarment of the corporation and made a determination that this further action is not necessary to protect the interests of the Government.
(2) Was convicted of a felony criminal violation under any Federal law within the preceding 24 months, where the awarding agency is aware of the conviction, unless the agency has considered suspension or debarment of the corporation and made a determination that this action is not necessary to protect the interests of the Government.
(b) The Offeror represents that-
(1) It is [ ] is not [ ] a corporation that has any unpaid Federal tax liability that has been assessed, for which all judicial and administrative remedies have been exhausted or have lapsed, and that is not being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement with the authority responsible for collecting the tax liability,
(2) It is [ ] is not [ ] a corporation that was convicted of a felony criminal violation under a Federal law within the preceding 24 months.
WOOD PACKAGING MATERIAL (WPM) - ADDITIONAL DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS:
CONTRACT PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENTS and Related Background Information
The contractor shall report ALL contractor labor hours (including subcontractor labor hours) required for performance of services provided under this contract for the Military Sealift Command via a secure data collection site. The contractor is required to completely fill in all required data fields using the following web address: http://www.ecmra.mil/.
Reporting inputs will be for the labor executed during the period of performance during each Government fiscal year (FY), which runs October 1 through September 30. While inputs may be reported any time during the FY, all data shall be reported no later than October 31 of each calendar year, beginning with 2013. Contractors may direct questions to the help desk at: http://www.ecmra.mil/.
252.232-7006 WIDE AREA WORKFLOW PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS (JUN 2012)
Routing Data Table*
Field Name in WAWF Data to be entered in WAWF
Pay Official N32205
MSC SPECIFIC WIDE AREA WORKFLOW (WAWF) INSTRUCTIONS (AUG 2012)
The information contained in this instruction is supplemental to DFARS 252.232-7006.
The information contained in the table in DFARS 252.232-7006 is for WAWF purposes only. Information included in DFARS 252.232-7006 and this WAWF instruction apply only to WAWF Invoicing and WAWF Receiving Reports. Contradictory information elsewhere in this contract, e.g. Ship to DoDAAC, shall be followed per the terms and conditions of the contract.
When entering the invoice into WAWF, the Contractor shall fill in the DoDAAC fields or DoDAAC extensions exactly as shown in the table in DFARS 252.232-7006. Fields that should not be filled in when entering the invoice into WAWF will be indicated with the direction, "Leave Blank."
In some situations the WAWF system will pre-populate the "Pay DoDAAC," "Admin By DoDAAC" and "Issue By DoDAAC." The Contractor shall verify that those DoDAACs automatically entered by the WAWF system match the information in the table in DFARS 252.232-7006. If these DoDAACs do not match, then the Contractor shall correct the field(s).
If Receiving Reports are required, ensure that the "Inspection" and "Acceptance" defaults of "destination" for both fields are not changed in the WAWF online interface.
The CLINs on the WAWF invoice shall be entered exactly as set forth in the contract document including CLIN number (e.g. 0001), Quantity (may be adjusted for actual quantity or dollar value delivered and invoiced), and Unit Price (e.g. $1.00). The dollar amounts on each CLIN or SubCLIN on the WAWF invoice shall reflect final performance values, but in no instance can the dollar amount for each CLIN or SubCLIN exceed what is specified in the contract document. The Contractor shall bill to the lowest level, e.g., the SubCLIN level. The Quantity and Unit of Measure fields must be filled out exactly as indicated in the CLINs and SubCLINs to reduce the possibility of the invoice being delayed or rejected during processing.
Before closing out of an invoice session in WAWF, but after submitting the document or documents, the Contractor will be given the option to send additional email notifications by clicking on the "Send More Email Notifications" link that appears on the page. The Contractor shall click on this link and add the Technical Point of Contact's (TPOC) or Contracting Officer's Representative's (COR) email address in the first email address block and add any other additional email addresses desired in the following blocks. This additional notification to the Government is important to ensure the acceptor/receiver is aware that the invoice documents have been submitted into the WAWF system.
Due to enhanced security measures, ship and base access is required for pre-award ship visits (e.g. ship-check) and for contract performance. Specifically the following permissions are required:
1. El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC) personnel screening requirement
All forms are available for download on the MSC contracts webpage at http://www.msc.navy.mil. Click on "Contracts" in the upper right corner. "EPIC template" is under "Reference" subheading. Click on "Online Library of Common Documents" for all other forms.
EPIC: Required for access to MSC vessels. Complete EPIC form strictly adhering to format requirements and forward to (CONUS East Coast repairs) firstname.lastname@example.org
Base/Repair Facility Access: Permit is required to access Navy facilities. Base/Repair Facility Access Request is desired seven days prior to ship check or performance start date. Submit forms per the document instruction and to the Port Engineer. A courtesy copy (CONUS West Coast performance locations only) to Ermanno Magliulo, Engineering Director, at email@example.com will be appreciated.
RAPIDGate® is being implemented for access to DoD facilities in CONUS, HI, Guam and Puerto Rico. Vendor is responsible to acquire RAPIDGate® status and destination base individual access badge(s) activation prior to performance start date. Delays that may result from inadequate planning are contractor responsibility. Vendor instructions and program information is available at http://www.RAPIDGate.com or tel. 877.727.4342. RAPIDGate® access requires (in succession) (1) Individual Base Commander approval for vendor to access base, (2) Successful vendor RAPIDGate® company annual enrollment, (3) Company employee individual enrollment and possession of RAPIDGate® identification badge for single base or multiple base (enterprise) access. Vendor is responsible to confirm that each employee held annual RAPIDGate® badge is active for the specific facility and performance period in accordance with RAPIDGate® User Agreement (http://www.RAPIDGate.com).
Additional access permissions may be required such as Navy Base Point Loma "Enclave Access request form".
Vehicle Access: Required for vehicle access to Navy facilities. Follow supplemental instructions on Base Access forms or base-specific vehicle access forms.
Ship Access List* (Vendor-Provided): On company letterhead attachment via email, the vendor is required to provide the ship master (courtesy copy the Port Engineer) with an accurate, current list of performing personnel prior to being admitted aboard the vessel. Under no circumstances will a hand-delivered list be accepted.
10. Quotes may be e-mailed or faxed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, the sole designated E-mail address and inbox for receipt of E-mail submissions. No other electronic means of submission, used in whole or in combination with E-mail, is permitted. No other method of submission is acceptable.
E-mail quotes shall be in either Adobe or Microsoft Office format. Quoters are advised that the Government may be unable to receive other types of electronic files (e.g., .zip files) or files in excess of 20 megabytes. To be timely, an E-mail quote must be received in its entirety in the designated E-mail inbox by the due date and time for quote submission.
Faxed quotes shall be sent 757-443-5982
11. For additional information regarding this solicitation contact Efrem Masone at:
471 East C Street
Naval Station Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia 23511
October 22, 2013
Oct 26, 2013 8:00 am Eastern
Automatic, 15 days after response date
November 10, 2013
Original Set Aside:
Total Small Business
20 -- Ship and marine equipment
541 -- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services/541330 -- Engineering Services