SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE FOR SMALL BUSINESS TO PROVIDE OFFSITE MEDIA STORAGE
This message constitutes a Sources Sought Notice. This is not a Request for Quote (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP). This announcement is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Acquisition Operations (OAO) is conducting market research to determine if any certified Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs), Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSBs), and Small Businesses are capable of providing the offsite media storage services that are detailed under the "Requirement" section of this announcement. This service is in support of VA's Information Technology Center (ITC) in Hines, Illinois. The ITC requires off-site storage for their approximately 1500 back-up magnetic tapes cartridges per year, including 3480 type data, LT04, 3592 cartridges and a small number of IBM 9870. The contractor shall provide security storage space, personnel, equipment and resources necessary to transport the media from the VA Hines ITC located at Fifth Avenue & Roosevelt Road, Building 215, and Hines, IL 60141 to their offsite location.
The purpose of this notice is to determine interest and capability of qualified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs), Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSBs) and Small Businesses, relative to North American Industry Classification code (NAICS) 493190, "Other Warehousing and Storage." The size standard is $25.5 million.
To make an appropriate acquisition decision for acquisition strategy to procure this requirement, the Government will use responses to this Sources Sought notice. The type of solicitation issued and the manner of advertisement will also depend on the response to this Sources Sought notice.
The Contractor shall furnish all equipment, labor, and facilities required to complete the offsite media storage services and shall perform the following:
1. Initially furnishes 50 micro-boxes (10 cartridge capacity) or equivalent, which will be exchanged on a one-to-one basis. These cases must be waterproof. If additional cases are required, such cases shall be furnished to the Hines ITC within four (4) hours of request and at no additional cost to Hines ITC.
2. Provide daily pickup and delivery, Sunday through Friday. Saturday pickup/delivery will be made upon request only. Media will be transported in an environmentally controlled vehicle(s). Provide backup transportation, if necessary, to ensure that while in transit magnetic media is not left unattended and exposed to adverse elements such as extreme temperatures.
3. Provide on-line computer system to track shipments and deliveries that will allow the Hines ITC remote computer access to the stored media database. The Contractor shall provide hardcopy documentation (input manifest) of all pickup and deliveries, using contractor supplied forms. Minimum form requirements are shown in the input manifest definition.
4. Store media in a secure building that is environmentally controlled for magnetic media. Temperature shall be 70 degrees plus/minus 10 degrees with a range of 45% to 60% humidity. The media shall be protected from potential water damage. The building shall have a direct link to local fire and police departments.
Ensure the storage facility system complies with Tape Storage and handling to extend and enhance the reliability and performance of magnetic cartridges, and their respective units, you should adhere to the following rules: Store tape reels, cartridges in dustproof containers. Keep its storage container closed and free from exposure to dust and dirt. Periodically inspect containers for dust and dirt contamination. Store cartridges, and cases in an electromagnetic shielded cabinet elevated from the floor and free of contaminants NSI specifications for long-term storage, such as filtration of airborne contaminants.
5. Have the capability to locate, retrieve, and return any quantity of media on an emergency basis at any time within three (3) hours or less. It is anticipated that there will be four (4) or fewer emergency requests during any year over the life of this contract.
6. Ship requested security files to a designated back-up site within 24 hours, at the Hines ITC expense via UPS. The VA's UPS account will be used to pay for the shipment of containers. This exercise is scheduled to be performed once each year. The designated site address and shipping information will be provided to the contractor at time of request.
7. Provide a system for designating containers that are needed for Disaster Recovery (DR). The system must provide the capability for personnel at Hines ITC's primary and backup site to request return of the DR containers to be shipped by UPS (using the Hines ITC UPS account number) without having to identify each relevant container.
8. Ensure tapes stored are returned to the Hines ITC on the first workday after the designated retention expiration date.
9. Ensure that at the end of contract period, all materials in storage will be returned to the Hines ITC for a controlled, orderly transfer to a new off-site storage contractor.
10. Contractor shall return all micro cases upon their retention have expired date. These cases should be a part of the routine pickup and delivery. Contractor must provide these services requirement with 100% efficiency.
Interested and capable vendors meeting the requirements stated above shall submit responses in the form of a capability statement to the individual listed below by 4:30 PM EST on Friday, December 20, 2013. The capability statement shall also include information pertaining to any applicable GSA Schedule contract information. Vendors are asked to include their DUNS number with their capability statement. Vendors be registered in the System for Award Management system (SAM.gov) and be a SDVOSB, VOSB, and/or Small Business under NAICS code 493190, "Other Warehousing and Storage."
Point of Contact:
Brynn K. McGowan
425 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Response Deadline: 4:30 PM EST on December 20, 2013.
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.